Sometimes it is better to wait to start something until it has been properly prepared. Blogs for instance.
Blogs are one of many ways to give great tips to your clients, but if you start it, you want to continue it. So think it through.
Most business people (and most people in general) are getting information thrown at them from all directions, so if a blog doesn’t look well prepared, is too lengthy, or it takes too long to get to the point, potential blog followers just won’t keep you on their follow lists.
If you are thinking of starting up your own blog, make sure to take into consideration a few tips:
- Be sure once you start you blog, you keep it up. There is nothing like a follower seeking out an update and just not getting it. Set your schedule, weekly, biweekly, monthly, but whatever you choose, and make it consistent.
- Before you go public, be sure to have several posts (at least five) ready to publish. That way it doesn’t look too bare or new and discourage followers.
- When you make a post, be sure to think of who you are speaking to, and, well, speak to them. Always have your follower in mind and keep them in your in the conversation.
- Have fun with it. People can usually tell when the writer is enjoying their work. It comes through. Make sure you keep it enjoyable.
- If you are considering blogging and it is totally new to you, learn what you can, but don’t delay too long, get out there and do it.
Remember, you do not have to go it on your own. Blogging is a valuable business tool. Copywriters are ready and able to help with this, so let me know if you need any assistance in getting it set up or even maintaining it. You just may see some new heights in your business success.